We did a showing of our music video so far for a media class.
Here are some of the negative comments that we received:
- There are too many sections of the girl just walking around.
- The narrative isn't very clear or obvious.
- Shots in music videos are usually 2-3 seconds long however in yours there are shots that are 7 seconds long.
- The part with the man playing the guitar should be earlier as i believe it would fit better.
- The colour pallets used shouldn’t change as dramatically as they do.
- On the underwater scene at the start, the tiles in the swimming pool are visible this takes away from the effectiveness.
- I believe that the transitions could be used better to improve the music video.
- The random statue doesn’t represent anything in the video so it's pointless.
- The shots at the start of the video are bright but the shot of the sun is darker when it should be brighter.
- Some of the walking shots should be removed and replaced with more performance shots.
Here are some positive comments we received:
- The timing is really good at the start of the music video
- There is a good use of edgy camera movements
- There was a huge range of shots used.